Many patients with chronic diseases find inspiration and information in support groups, which bring people with the same illness together in a group facilitated by a knowledgeable health professional.
Neurology and Pain Specialty Center Groups:
Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor support group: Parkinson’s in Balance, led by Allison Smith-Conway provides education, support groups, fitness classes, psychotherapy, and community outreach programs at no cost.
In the region or online:
- The Hydrocephalus Association has a hot line, email support, support groups and a peer network
- American Parkinson Disease Association, Parkinson’s Association of San Diego
- Dystonia Medical Research Foundation support group finder
- The Vestibular Disorders Association offers both face-to-face and online support groups
- The Willis-Ekborn (RLS) Disease Foundation support group finder