Sharon Pascua is a licensed occupational therapist and specialist in hand therapy who helps each of her patients achieve a better quality of life through a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan.
Conditions treated by an Occupational Hand Therapist include fractures of the hand or arm, lacerations, burns, and surgical repairs of tendons and nerves. Acquired conditions such as tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and ulnar nerve injuries are also treated by hand specialists.
Our Occupational Therapist provides multiple services, including:
- Management of acute or chronic pain
- Functional Capacity Evaluations for Workers Compensation and Disability
- Design and implementation of home exercise programs to increase motion, dexterity, and/or strength
- Splint recommendation/fabrication for prevention or correction of injury
- Training in the performance of daily life skills through adapted methods and equipment
Sharon also counsels post-operative patients who need help managing wounds to prevent infection and assist healing, and to reduce swelling.
The ultimate goal of occupational hand therapy is to ensure that the rehabilitation process promotes healing while also enabling patients to perform meaningful activities both in the clinic and in their daily lives. This approach fosters positive outcomes for patients, including enhancing their satisfaction with the therapy experience and positive results but most importantly helping the patient maintain their quality of life as they define it.
Key Occupational Therapy Staff
Kenneth P. Martinez, M.D.
Sharon Pascua, O.T. R./L