You may find valuable information from organizations specializing in a specific disorder.
- The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer’s research.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is one of the diseases addressed by the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases.
- The Epilepsy Foundation leads the fight to stop seizures, find a cure and overcome the challenges created by epilepsy.
- The Hydrocephalus Association provides support, education and advocacy for people whose lives have been touched by hydrocephalus and the professionals who work with them.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society has a website that discusses multiple topics, including prognosis, treatment and research of multiple sclerosis.
- The Neuropathy Association is the leading national non-profit organization serving the peripheral neuropathy community. We provide support and education, advocate for patients’ interests, and promote research into the causes of and cures for neuropathy.
- The Willis-Ekbom Disease Foundation is a non-profit organization providing the latest information about Restless Leg Syndrome. The goals of the Foundation are to increase awareness, improve treatments, and through research, find a cure for RLS, a condition which severely affects the lives of millions of individuals.
- The Foundation for Peripheral Neuropathy works to educate the public and healthcare professionals, provide state-of-the-art treatment for patients with peripheral neuropathy, and will be the catalyst for advancing innovative therapeutic developments and accelerating a cure for painful neuropathies.
- The American Parkinson Disease Association (APDA) is the country’s largest grass roots organization serving the Parkinson’s community.
- The Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to serving all people with dystonia and their families.
- For over half a century, the National Parkinson Foundation (NPF) has focused on meeting the needs in the care and treatment of people with Parkinson’s disease.
- The Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA) serves people with vestibular disorders by providing information, offering a support network, and elevating awareness of the challenges associated with these disorders.
- The International Essential Tremor Foundation provides global educational information, services and support to those affected by essential tremor (ET), and to health care providers, while promoting and funding ET research.
- Foundation for PSP/CBD and Related Brain Diseases (CurePSP) assists patients and their families, increases public awareness, educates healthcare professionals and supports research toward better diagnosis, effective treatments, and eventual cures.
- The American Stroke Association is dedicated to prevention, diagnosis and treatment to save lives from stroke.